SARDAR IMAM QAISRANI
LLB (Hons), University of London, United Kingdom
LLM (Banking and Finance), University of London, United Kingdom
Bar at Law, Honorable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, United Kingdom
Phd , (IALS), London, United Kingdom
Punjab Bar Council
Lahore High Court Bar Association
Islamabad High Court bar Association
Sardar Imam Qaisrani has experience spanning over 20 years as a practicing lawyer.
He specializes in corporate law, constitutional law, administrative law, energy law, banking laws, tax laws, company law, property law, competition law, civil and criminal litigation. Few important tasks taken up by him includes:
- Legal Advisory to the Infrastructure Project Development Facility, Ministry of Finance, Government of Pakistan. Work included inter alia, Legal Compliance, Opinion Work, and Agreements on Public Private Partnership modality for infrastructure development projects in Pakistan.
- Legal Advisory on Commercial, Joint Venture and Corporate Affairs of leading Oil and Gas companies of the country qua compliance of legal requirements under the E&P Regulatory Provisions including interalia Petroleum Policies and Pakistan (E&P) Rules, provisions of Petroleum Concession Agreements and Exploration Licenses awarded to E & P Companies.
- Proposed amendments in the 18th Amendment to the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan in relation to the regulatory framework of the energy sector which were duly incorporated.
- Proposed amendments to the draft Competition Bill 2010 which were adopted and reflected in the Competition Act 2010, which, for all purposes is currently the mother legislation and source of competition law in Pakistan.
- Provided a complete legal procedure and smooth mechanism in accordance with the mandatory requirements of law, for change of management and re composition of the Board of Directors of PTCL after the privatization of PTCL and transfer of its 26% shares to Etisalat International Pakistan in accordance with the Share Purchase Agreement signed through Privatization Commission between Federal Government and Etisalat International Pakistan.
- Alternate Dispute Resolution, successfully managed the reconciliation processes and arbitration proceedings for clients in the energy sector and telecommunication sector.