BARRISTER MASHOOD IQBAL
Mashood possesses intuitive sense of skillfully and attractively putting a complex case in simplistic way before a difficult judge. He has an experience of working in Pakistan and also in the forign jurisdictions. His meticulously crafted legal arguments have appealing touch of subjectivity for each client. He therefore maintains an unparalleled record of ground breaking results. Be it a multi-faceted judicial review that requires more than special care; or a civil dispute, commercial or a criminal trial – an intellectual property claim that deserves highest level of legal excellence; or an uncompromising landlord & tenant dispute – unavoidable corporate & personal insolvency; or an acrimonious divorce – hotly contested child arrangements order; or a spoiled immigration claim – Mashood’s dynamism is reflected in his longstanding legal career both in Pakistan and UK.
For the last 11 years Mashood has been enjoying a vibrant practice as an advocate. He regularly appears in the High Courts of Pakistan and Court of Appeal in the UK. Mashood is a direct access barrister and is also authorised to conduct litigation in UK.
- PhD(On-going), Institute of Advance Legal Studies (IALS), London
(Research topic: A comparative analysis of financial regulation in the UK, USA and Pakistan)
- LLM (Financial Regulation & Compliance) (Distinction)
- MA (Political Science) (First Class)
- GDL (Graduate Diploma in Law)
- LLB (Pass)
- BA (Political Science) (First Class)
- FSA Financial Regulation Exam
- Integrity Matters (Grade A)
- Diploma in Investments & Compliance
- Higher Rights of Audience (Civil & Criminal)
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test (QLTT)
Scholarships & Awards:
- Stephen Cooke General Scholarship Award 2010/11 awarded by the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investments (CISI) for writing an essay on ‘Banking reforms in the United Kingdom’ in response to the ‘Issues Paper Call for Evidence’ issued by the Independent Commission on Banking that was set by the Chancellor of Exchequer.
- In December 2010: delivered a two-hour lecture to LLM students at the Institute of Advance Legal Studies (IALS) on ‘International Financial Markets Law’.
- Also, delivered lectures on ‘Career opportunities in the legal profession’ to students in BPP Law School in Leeds and in Waterloo in 2005 and 2006